Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Casino News – Focus Gaming News
Imperial Pacific resumes operations
Imperial Pacific resumes operations

The casino resumed operations after it had closed for two days due to Tryphoon Yutu.

The post Imperial Pacific resumes operations appeared first on Focus Gaming News.

Imperial Pacific resumes operations

Casino News Daily
Austin Reilly Wins WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood Event #2 for Second Career Ring

Reilly captured his second gold ring and $46,509 after commanding final table performance at Planed Hollywood in Las Vegas

Austin Reilly brought a solid stack into the final day of Event #2 at the WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood stop, and that combined with his skill helped him outwit what had left of the tournament’s field to claim his second career gold ring from the series and a cash prize of $46,509.

The final day of the $400 buy-in event took place on Monday at the host casino. Action commenced with nine players, the final hopefuls from an overall field of 712 entrants. Aside from Reilly, the final table featured three more former gold ring winners and a one-time WSOP gold bracelet winner.

Walter Rodriguez was leading the nine hopefuls when cards were thrown in the air to mark the start of final table play. The player had 2.34 million in chips at the time, but Reilly was not far behind with his stack of 2.155 million. The two players were the only ones to have passed the two-million mark at the time.

Rodriguez lost his start-of-the-day momentum to eventually leave in 6th place. Reilly’s momentum, on the other hand, remained intact as the player was making his way through a tough final table.

As action progressed, the final table narrowed to just two survivors – Reilly and Nate Bandy. Of all accomplished players at this final stage of the game, Bandy was the one to boast the largest collection of WSOP Circuit trophies. He was going for his ring number five, but it was not meant to be.

Heads-Up

The two-handed match began with Reilly holding the chip lead. The player said in his post-victory interview that his advantage indeed gave him some comfort. However, he further dwelt that a previous streak of runner-up finishes at WSOP Circuit events was certainly in the back of his mind and he really did not want to once again end up second.

The runner-up spot was reserved for Reilly’s heads-up opponent this time. Bandy was denied a fifth gold ring, but received a consolation prize of $29,025. As for the champion, he collected $46,509 and the shiny gold piece.

Reilly got introduced to the WSOP Circuit a little over two years ago. He won the first Circuit event he had ever cashed in for his first gold ring and a hefty payout of $108,270. He topped the massive 2,447-strong field of a No-Limit Hold’em tournament at Harrah’s Cherokee in August 2016. Since then, the player has cashed in 14 Circuit events, including in last night’s, has made five final table appearances, and has finished runner-up in four of those.

Reilly told WSOP Circuit staff that he will skip the Main Event at Planet Hollywood as he planned to head to Harrah’s Cherokee, the casino where it all started for him, where a Circuit stop is set to kick off in a few days.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories.

The post Austin Reilly Wins WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood Event #2 for Second Career Ring appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Austin Reilly Wins WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood Event #2 for Second Career Ring

Monday, November 19, 2018

World Casino News
Nordic gamers now have access to 3,000 slot machine variants via SlotsMillion

Alea, the parent company of SlotsMillion, has been super busy as of late, continuing to work on providing the best gaming options for players located around the world. After they launched the first virtual reality casino with SlotsMillion, the company is now focusing on including individuals who do not have a VR headset or those […]

Nordic gamers now have access to 3,000 slot machine variants via SlotsMillion

Casino News Daily
Two Tribes Sue Southern California Cardrooms for Providing House-Banked Card Games

The complaint filed by the two tribes seeks to stop non-tribal cardrooms from operating house-banked card games

Two tribes are suing several Southern California cardrooms, claiming that they have been violating state laws by providing house-banked card games, including blackjack, as well as percentage card games, local news outlets report.

The federally recognized California-based Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians and the Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians filed a lawsuit on Friday against twelve private, for-profit corporations operating cardrooms across Southern California and a number of unnamed third-party proposition player firms.

The Chumash and Luiseño tribes explained that their suit did not aim to challenge the right of the cardrooms to operate but to challenge the operation of house-banked and percentage card games. Back in 2000, state voters approved Proposition 1A, under which only federally recognized tribes were allowed to offer the above-mentioned card games on tribal land.

In their lawsuit, the two Indian nations said that they would not have taken legal action, if the state Department of Justice and the Gambling Control Commission had moved to enforce the provisions of Proposition 1A. The Chumash and Luiseño tribes further noted that they had been trying to solve the issue for well over a decade now, but with no success.

The legal complaint, filed in the San Diego County Superior Court late last week, stated that by offering house-banked and percentage card games, the defendant card rooms breached the California Constitution and existing gambling laws.

Legal Remedies

The complaint seeks injunction to compel the defendants to stop offering house-banked and percentage card games and legal relief for the financial losses sustained by the two tribes, which has also resulted in the loss of revenue for the government, employment opportunities for tribal members, and goodwill. Allegations in the lawsuit further included unfair competition and public nuisance, among others.

Hustler Casino, Oceans 11 Casino, Hollywood Park Casino, and Hawaiian Gardens Casino were among the defendant card rooms named in the lawsuit. Defendant players were named John Doe 1 through 25 and Green and Red Companies I through XXV.

California tribes and the state’s cardrooms have been in a turbulent relationship for nearly two decades now. As mentioned earlier, the tribes were given the exclusive right to operate house-banked card games back in 2000. A year later and following mounting pressure from California’s non-tribal cardrooms, state lawmakers allowed them to offer card games as long as players acted as the bank, not the house as it was at tribal casinos.

Shortly after, cardrooms started hiring proposition players to act as the bank, thus circumventing the law. A whole new industry emerged as a result, with third-party proposition player companies penning agreements with the cardrooms to provide players. There were also cardrooms that later on started banking their card games, dismissing the law altogether.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories.

The post Two Tribes Sue Southern California Cardrooms for Providing House-Banked Card Games appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Two Tribes Sue Southern California Cardrooms for Providing House-Banked Card Games

RSS
SUZOHAPP Presents Its Complete Range of Cutting-Edge Solutions at BEGE

SUZOHAPP – a leading technology company with over 50,000 gaming, amusement, sports betting, lottery and bingo products for casino operators and Gaming OEMs – will be exhibiting at the Balkan Entertainment and Gaming Expo (BEGE). 

SUZOHAPP Presents Its Complete Range of Cutting-Edge Solutions at BEGE

Casino News Daily
Second Gold Coast Casino Will Struggle to Deliver Return, Macquarie Analysts Say

Analysts believe the Gold Coast is not the most attractive casino market as Queensland Government is set to weigh in on second casino in the region

The Gold Coast is “not the most attractive market” for the development of a new integrated resort with a gaming floor, local news outlet the Gold Coast Bulletin reported citing research firm Macquarie Research.

According to a recent analyst note by Macquarie, the construction of a multi-billion-dollar global tourism hub would have a considerable impact on the market. As previously reported by Casino News Daily, the development of global tourism hubs across Queensland is part of the state Government’s strategy to boost the local tourism industry, which is believed to be worth over A$25 billion and to support more than 200,000 jobs.

Macquarie’s analysis was released just as the Queensland Government is gearing up preparations to weigh in on whether the state’s Gold Coast region needs a second integrated resort with a casino floor. It is believed that state MPs will announce their decision before Christmas.

News emerged earlier this month that the Japanese division of Florida gaming and hospitality company Hard Rock International has approved a A$2-billion plan for an integrated resort development in the Gold Coast.

According to Macquarie analysts, the region is not the most attractive market for a property of this kind, “relative to other regions within Australia.” The research firm also advised that the Queensland Government assess “the net community benefits and determine whether [a second integrated resort] deters The Star Gold Coast from completing its recently approved A$2 billion masterplan.”

Macquarie analysts believe that a development larger than A$400 million “would struggle to deliver an ‘appropriate return.’

Hard Rock’s Gold Coast Expansion Plan

The Florida-based giant has embarked on a global expansion of its integrated resort business and Australia’s Gold Coast has been the latest destination it has set sights on. Hard Rock will also be among the bidders for one of three casino licenses in Japan and has recently received governmental approval to build a multi-billion integrated resort in the Spanish city of Tarragona.

The company has said that it would look to replicate namely its Tarragona property, if it is given the green light by the Queensland Government to develop a resort in the Gold Coast. Aside from casino, the property will also feature 1,000 hotel rooms, retail area, an entertainment center, and a number of other facilities.

At the same time, Australian casino operator The Star Entertainment Group received earlier this month Government approval for its A$2-billion masterplan for the expansion of its The Star Gold Coast property. The recent announcement represented the second phase of an overall expansion scheme, the initial phase of which was given the nod by MPs in late 2016. That first phase included the construction of five new towers at the existing property.

The recently approved plan includes the addition of new restaurant and bar precincts, entertainment and retail options, and new resort facilities. Once its expansion is complete, The Star Gold Coast will feature 3,000 hotel rooms and apartments.

The Star has said that each stage of its expansion masterplan will be dependent on “the market and competitor landscape at the time.”

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories.

The post Second Gold Coast Casino Will Struggle to Deliver Return, Macquarie Analysts Say appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Second Gold Coast Casino Will Struggle to Deliver Return, Macquarie Analysts Say

Sunday, November 18, 2018

World Casino News
Complexity Gaming partners with WinStar

Leading esports organization, Complexity Gaming, has partnered with Chickasaw Nation-owned and operated WinStar World Casino and Resort. The recently-inked partnership marks the first time a casino has been designated by a U.S. esports organization as its official sponsor. According to the official press release… Founder and Chief Executive Officer for Complexity Gaming, Jason Lake said, “WinStar is a preeminent gaming and […]

Complexity Gaming partners with WinStar

Casino News Daily
Day 2 of WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood Event #2 Kicks Off with 70 Hopefuls

The tournament drew 712 entries, 70 made it through their respective flights to secure a spot among those returning for Day 2

All six starting flights of the $400 No-Limit Hold’em or Event #2 on the schedule of the WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood stop are now complete and those who managed to survive through their respective Day 1s are set to return at the host casino today at 3 pm local time to play Day 2.

Days 1E and 1F took place at the poker room at Planet Hollywood on Saturday. And it should be said that it was a busy, action-packed day. Flight E kicked off at noon local time to draw 221 entries who added another $72,930 to the prize pool.

The tournament’s fifth flight was scheduled to end once all 18 levels were played or until there were ten players left at the tables of the host casino. The top 24 players were to cash from Day 1E, min-cashes starting from $673, and the money not paid out throughout that day was to be added to the overall prize pool.

Once all 18 levels were complete, there were eighteen players left. They will join the survivors from the previous days to resume competition for the title and the first-place prize later today.

Flight F

The final flight was scheduled to feature 18 levels, just as the ones that had already taken place. Day 1F drew 157 entrants, of whom the top 18 were to make the money. Action was slated to continue until there were ten players left or until all scheduled levels were marked as complete. Flight F’s min-cashes were worth $695. Only 16 players managed to put chips in their bags when all 18 Day 1F levels were done.

All in all, the tournament drew a field of 712 entrants throughout its six starting flights and they generated a prize pool of $234,960, thus crushing the $200,000 guarantee. While the first-place prize and the rest of the payouts are yet to be revealed, organizers confirmed that all players that are to cash from the tournament would leave with no less than $788.

As many as 70 players made it through their respective starting flights and will return at the host casino later today to continue their participation in the exciting tournament.

James Millman, the player who bagged the chip lead at the end of Flight C, will be leading the pack of 70 hopefuls. He will start Day 2 with a hefty stack of 502,000 and a significant advantage over his remaining opponents. Jason Alvarez with 373,500, Volha Burdukouskaya with 325,000, Terrence Teo with 305,000, and Thomas Minnich-Weber with 277,000 are the other contenders who represent top 5 of the temporary chip counts chart.

As mentioned earlier, action is set to resume at 3 pm local time at the poker tables of Planet Hollywood. The first-place prize will be announced later on Day 2. Those who make it through the day will return Monday for a final day of action.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories.

The post Day 2 of WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood Event #2 Kicks Off with 70 Hopefuls appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Day 2 of WSOP Circuit Planet Hollywood Event #2 Kicks Off with 70 Hopefuls

World Casino News
HyperCasino set to launch soon

Sister to NightRush Casino, HyperCasino is set to launch in the near future, offering players a quality online casino gaming experience. With Maltese and UK licensing, players in several regions will be able to access this up and coming brand. Areas included once the brand is live are the UK, Norway, Germany, Austria, Canada, Finland […]

HyperCasino set to launch soon

Casino News Daily
Churchill Downs and Partner Get OK to Build New Kentucky Racetrack with Gambling Parlor

Churchill Downs and Keeneland will operate jointly Kentucky’s first new harness racetrack in 25 years

The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission selected on Friday Churchill Downs and Keeneland Inc. as the winning bidders for the construction of a harness racetrack and a gambling parlor in Western Kentucky. Their joint venture will be the first racetrack to be built in the state in 25 years.

Churchill Downs and Keeneland have presented a plan to jointly develop and operate a $150-million racetrack in Oak Grove in Chistian County. The latter company will only own 5% in the project.

The winning bidders will build a five-eighths of a mile racetrack that will host 12 days of standardbred races. Construction is expected to begin as early as next year. The new complex will also feature 1,500 historical racing machines. Last month, a Circuit Court Judge ruled that these machines were pari-mutuel, which made them legal under Kentucky laws that guard gambling on horse racing. Churchill Downs opened a gambling parlor with historical racing machines at its Louisville property earlier this year.

The machines have been estimated to have produced over $21 million for the state’s coffers since 2010. Churchill Downs Racetrack President Kevin Flanery told media that they expect the machines at their new property to annually generate $10 million.

The new racetrack complex will also include a 125-room hotel with an event center, food and beverage facilities, a 3,000-person outdoor amphitheater, a 1,200-person seat-grandstand with space for indoor events, and a modern equestrian center, among other facilities.

The new Oak Grove track is expected to create 800 construction jobs and 400 full- and part-time jobs once operational. The venue will be located along I-24 on the Kentucky-Tennessee border, aiming to draw visitors from Nashville.

Losing Bidders Voice Disappointment

Kentucky Downs in Franklin and Caesars-Bluegrass Downs in Paducah were the other two bidders for the new racetrack license. Both expressed disappointment and frustration with the bidding process.

News emerged earlier this week that racehorse owner Ron Winchell and former casino analyst Marc Falcone would buy a majority interest in Kentucky Downs for an undisclosed purchase price. Mr. Falcone told local media on Friday that they felt the selection process needed more time to be well thought out.

The new Kentucky Downs owners also revealed that they would enhance a previously announced expansion plan at the racetrack in order to make it more competitve now as a new player is entering the state’s horse racing field.

Comments by Caesars Entertainment executive Dan Real showed that the company was frustrated with losing the bid, arguing that Churchill Downs and Keeneland had no signed horsemen agreements and no history and relationships in the region, something the other bidders clearly had.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories.

The post Churchill Downs and Partner Get OK to Build New Kentucky Racetrack with Gambling Parlor appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Churchill Downs and Partner Get OK to Build New Kentucky Racetrack with Gambling Parlor

Popular Posts